There are many reasons why menu of people new to Internet Marketing fail. Here are 5 of them I think are most common.
1. Newbie often set unrealistic goals for themselves. Set goals for yourself that you can easily attain. By setting and achieving reasonable goals, you build confidence in yourself and your abilities. This allows you to confidently set ever-increasing goals that you can regularly meet.
People who set unrealistic goals often fail in Internet marketing because they get discouraged when they do not achieve their goals. After getting discouraged month after month, they often believe they cannot succeed and they stop trying.
Don’t let this happen to you.
2. Newbie marketers often lack a unique product. If you want to be really successful in Internet marketing you need a unique product that you can call your own. Having a unique product allows you to use the power of affiliate marketing. Having hundreds of marketers actively promoting your product allows you to multiply your efforts on a huge scale.
Tip: If you currently do not have your own product use Private Label Rights but NOT like almost everybody is using. Most people just upload ready made resell sales letter and download and that’s it. This is not enough to call it your product. If you want be unique you MUST really re-brand it.
Change name, order new graphics for product (around $97) and change sales letter enough to be not recognized as the same. After you are done with is you have product unique enough. Almost nobody will be able to tell that this is not your original product.
3. Many newbie marketers often lack commitment to success. If you want to be successful in Internet marketing you have to make a commitment to becoming successful.
This means setting time aside each day for your Internet marketing activities and, more importantly, performing those activities each day without fail.
You cannot expect to achieve any level of success in Internet marketing if you can’t commit yourself to doing the very things that you need to do to be successful each and every day without exceptions. It’s that important.
Is somebody tells you that after you buy and then you do not have to do anything this is plain simple B.S. Of course having ready product drastically lower your work load but you still need to do something and this something is work on marketing product, get links to your website, and such.
There is always something to do to make it better. So you really must be persistent. This does not have to be more than 1 or 2 hours per day if you do it part time but you must actually work this time, not loosing time of forum unless you are marketing there.
4. Newbie sometimes gets caught up in the details. It is important that you know what kind of tasks you are good at. Don’t make the same mistake that countless other Internet marketers make of trying to do everything yourself. There are places online where you can hire inexpensive help, on a per project basis, to perform the tasks that you are not an expert in.
For instance, if you are good with graphics programs, then go ahead and do your own graphics. Otherwise, contract the graphics out and spend your valuable time doing something you are good at. The same can be said for web design or copywriting.
The point here is that you do what you do best, and you can inexpensively hire others to do the rest. You won’t believe how inexpensive it can be and how fast you can put it all together.
5. People starting up in marketing sometimes plan themselves to death (paralysis by analysis). If you want to be a successful Internet marketer, at some point you will have to put a plan into action. Once you have formulated your plan you must be able to take the next step and put that plan into operation.
There are so many Internet marketers who come up with a good idea, formulate a plan and never put that plan into action because they constantly analyze and refine that plan – without end. This is called paralysis by analysis.
This is not to say that your marketing plan doesn’t need careful consideration and analysis. It does. At some point the analysis must stop and the action must begin. Don’t be afraid to take that first action. You will be amazed at how much easier each successive action becomes.
I have experienced ALL those mistakes when I was starting out. So save yourself the pain and avoid them.
To Your Success